Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Drive on a DIrt Road





Monday mornings are terrible to wake up to. Every teenager in the world dreads going to school so early every morning, especially on a monday. Hi, I’m Maddi Florence. let me tell you a little about myself, I play 3 sports and I’m not the smartest kid in our school. School sucks, teachers are mean and teenaged girls are a pain in the ass. Walking through the halls in high heels and being captain of the cheerleading squad makes you a stuck up, I’m going to stop there.
I’m a sophmore in a small town up in the mountains. The weather here isn't any different then it is in the city. Rainy days are the worst days we’re im from, there isnt anything at all to do. Its softball season now and its almost over. Schools almost out and I still have nothing to do with my life. After the week goes by and the bell rings on the last day of school, my summer officially begins.

DING,DING,DING! SCHOOLS OUT! Shoulders bumping,papers flying, seniors screaming, thats the sounds of the last day of school. Opening the door into the hallway from the locker room it seems quite. With the glove in my left hand and the bat in my right my water bottle ended up rolling on the floor next to the hottest kid in our school, Nick Smith. My face felt like it just was punched, I was in shock. “There ya go” nick handed me the bottle and winked while slowly backing away. Dragging my feet in the hundred degree weather isn't anything but terrible! “Mom, i’m home” I shouted from the front door. Shaking the mouse on the computer, 37 Notifications. Opened all of them up, it was a picture of me, but it wasn't me. This picture was a half naked chick with my head on the body, I don't know if i should be upset or let it slide, then I read the comments. “Maddi, your such a hoe,” “Damn girl, dat bod!!”
35 more comments, no thanks! Its obvious it isn’t me and whoever made this up better watch it, i’m not letting this one slide. Layed in the back next to the pool to get away from all this mess, “Maddi Florence, what is going on with this picture on bookoffaces?” Hannah shouted at me after unplugging my head phones. I giggled a little about it then looked up at her, “I was wondering the same thing!” “wanna come get ice cream with me and Nick Smith?” “maybe in a little, Roger is supposed to be taking me somewhere and i don’t know where i'm gonna end up.” “okay, whatever.” The cold air hit my sweaty tan skin when i walked into the conditioned air. Roger texted me, “be there in 20.” I jumped in the shower, letting the drops hit my shoulders I began to think about how stupid that picture is and how stupid the person posting the picture looks. It’s not going to bother me at all, I won’t let it. “Oh, hey Roger” walking into my room, seeing him on my bed. Roger rushing me down the stairs through the door and into the passenger seat in his car. Pulled over on this dirt road, he grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes and said “ Maddi, we have been together for the longest time, I know i'm happy with you and i know for a fact i wanna spend the rest of my life with you, I love you.” Was this a joke, I know he really likes me and all but i'm still a baby, I'ma little. There was no response back from me and Roger looked upset, he knew what it was going to say back to him. Driving with his eyes off the road for a second and “BOOM.”


Opening my eyes and i'm suddenly in this white room with a curtain around my bed, this blue dress has a hole in the back, where am i? Rubbed my eyes and held my head in my hand then realized there was a burning sensation in it. Pushed the covers off my lap and tried jumping off the hospital bed, collapsed to the floor right in front of hannah's eyes, she grabbed my arm and lifted me back on the bed without any questions. “Thanks, what am i doing here” i asked in a confused voice? “Roger, the wheel turned and you hit a tree, you got a few stitches on your forehead and you bruised your right rib cage.” I don’t remember hitting the tree, all i could think about was the I love you sentence that came out of his mouth, must of happened before we swerved. “Where’s Roger?””In the room next door, he isn't doing so good, sit still and I’ll get a wheelchair and bring you to him.” Is this my fault, am I the one who did this? I whisper to Hannah as shes wheeling me into the hall “I can’t go in there, what if he’s mad at me? This is all my fault.” Tears running down my cheek as he looks into my eyes, I took his hand gently and pressed it up against my lips and kissed them. “Roger i'm so sorry, this is my fault, I should've went with hannah this would of never happened to you!” He pulled his hand away and rubbed across my face and said “Maddi, this isn't your fault it was mine, I put you in this mess.” I knew his eyes were slowly shutting as time progressed, i kissed his palm and said “ I love you Roger.” That was it, he was gone.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Maddi hits a tree with her friend Roger.
    2. She went from being stuck up to more sensitive to others.
    3. My favorite part is the climax.
    4. The story was descriptive enough the reader would keep reading.
    5. The theme I believe is to stay smart and don`t do stupid things when driving.
    6. Don`t forget to capitalize and indent your quotes when dialogue begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Maddie hit the tree. haha
    2. The main story character was funny.
    3.The kids throwing paper.
    4. The theme was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. The conflict of the story is when Maddi hits a tree with her friend Roger.
    2.Maddi went from being very stuck up to being a person who could relate and help and be sensitive to others and have feelings about other people. T
    3.My favorite part of the story was when Maddi hits the tree with Roger.
    4.The story was very detailed and interesting to read and i wanted to keep reading it again
    5. The storys theme is to be careful when driving and beware of the consequences
    6. The story was really great :)

    ReplyDelete